Three Tier Billing from Insignia
Reduce the cost of your colour printing with our Three Tier Billing Solution – only pay for the amount of colour you use!
Traditional Billing Method
- One fixed rate for black and white copies, another fixed rate for colour copies
- Colour prints generally charged based on an industry standard of 5-6% coverage – no matter what the true colour coverage
- Companies with low to medium colour usage end up paying more than they need
Insignia Three Tier Billing Solution
- Most business printing falls into the Low or Medium colour coverage categories – giving you lower costs for the colour coverage your business uses most.
- Colour coverage levels between 0-100% can be monitored in increments of 0.1%, ensuring comprehensive and accurate measurements
- Billing levels can be set based on an individual company’s usage profile.
Colour Coverage Examples:
Low Colour – Documents including a coloured stamp or logo, a few lines of colour highlighted text, emails and delivery notes.
Medium Colour – Standard business documents incorporating coloured charts or graphs, Excel spread sheets or Power Point presentations.
High Colour– Documents composed of colour graphics or photographs, e.g. marketing materials, brochures or Internet pages.
How it Works?
Three meters (magenta, cyan, yellow) inside your MFP print device count the exact number of colour dots used on each printed page. A fourth meter measures the amount of black toner used on black and white pages. Dot coverage is the most accurate measurement methodology on the market. Colour coverage is calculated per page and billed at the most appropriate cost-per-click for your business and usage profile.
The Intelligent Billing on some of our MFP’s will break down the number of low, medium and high colour coverage pages used by your business.
Our Intelligent Billing gives you the tools to manage your business more effectively.
- Identify the exact locations of your printing costs.
- Budget, forecast and trim costs accordingly.
- Reduced toner usage, less waste, improved sustainability.